Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Everpresent Intuitive

John here...

Thanks, J. L., for your comment. Yes, I feel the truth of what you say. I wish to point out that touch can carry with it is sense of being present, and of deep connection, but touch may also be impersonal. I am a massage therapist. My work can be effective even when my mind is somewhere else. But when I am focusing my attention on what I'm doing -- when I'm ENGAGED in working on someone's body, it greatly intensifies the quality and effectiveness of the work. Since last January I have been engaged in the process of learning cranial-sacral therapy, and in that kind of work the mind is, primarily, what is actually doing the work.

Touch is about one person's boundary -- skin -- coming in contact with another person's boundary -- more skin. But, first of all, it isn't necessarily so important if clothing intervenes. And also, there is a kind of touch that is more superficial, and another kind that feels as if it goes beneath the skin, actually enters the body. A pat on the shoulder can be generic and perfunctory and may even feel superficial -- of, if the person patting pats with presence, it can be like the touch of a magic wand -- it can light a person up.

The fact of the matter is, whether we believe it or not, we're all psychic. Buckminster Fuller said that all vehicles of communication can be objectified and quantified, but that WHAT IS COMMUNICATED THROUGH ANY AND ALL OF THOSE VEHICLES IS ALWAYS INTUITIVE. And touch is a form of communication -- I feel who you are, anywhere from a little bit to alot -- when I touch you -- and you feel, to a greater or lesser degree my essence, my nature, as well. All touch is psychic contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment