Friday, September 3, 2010

Good Morning Vietnam...! The war is on.

Hello you Brave wise men, you scared little boys, you giant titans of rage and sorrow, you meek and peacful children of God.

My name, at times, is Tyler. I am just a guy, a human, doing my best to get through life and have a bit of fun on the way, In my adventures I have experienced many things that have given me a slightly unique perspective on the world and people and I'd like to share my world view in the hopes that it may serve you in someway. I"ll go into my training a bit more deeply at another time but for now I'd like to say simply that I work as a massage therapist focusing on myo-fascial and craniosacral techniques. I"m classicly trained as a healer, licensed and insured in missouri as a massage therapist and I'm an approved educator of advanced therapeutic techniques in missouri. SO there! :-)

My friend John and I were chatting the other day, as we do, about the nature of the world and our experience with others. We happened upon a particular topic that has been churning in my body-mind for some time now but being a primarily private practitioner I seldom have the opportunity to speak openly about these ideas.

The basics are that we as a culture have stopped touching each other. That's it. Simple, Obvious, and yet quite troubling.

Take that basic truth and begin to expand upon it. Look at all of the different ways in which we suffer as individuals and in community simply because it has become the law of the land that you "keep your hands to yourself". We're trained as second graders that touching others is simply not acceptable and infact punishable by law. SO what happens when you like someone? WHat happens when you're angry or sad? What happens when you're married, have children, take care of pets? all of our relations from the most casual to the completely intimate involve physical contact in various forms and we as a country have become seriously handicapped in this arena.

My sincere hope in my bodywork practice, this blog, and my personal relations is to give people permission to begin touching others again, and allowing themselves to be touched thus bringing us all closer to a peaceful, balanced and healthy existance.

The plan so far is to go Old School with the classic Taoist format of question and answer lessons. John and I will conduct dialogues on this blog format so as to reveal more information, insights and hopefully questions on this topic. There will be challenges and there will be homework should you choose to be brave and follow us on this adventure so stay tuned and please bring us any questions, comments, stories, fantasies or personal challenges that you want add to this discussion.

Much love to you all and may life always give you enough.

This is Tyler, over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment